The roots of the United Church of Colchester stretch all the way back to 1804, when a small group of Congregationalists began meeting in what is today Colchester Village. In 1830, the Congregationalists joined with the Baptists in town to build a community meeting house – now our sanctuary. In 1923, these two separate congregations joined together to form the United Church of Colchester.
What united us in the 19th and 20th centuries continues to bind us the 21st. We are committed to following in the way of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and bearing witness to the coming of the Kingdom of God through our life together.
We are a community church; that is the first thing people notice about us. We have a warm and inviting worship service on Sunday mornings and our members care for one another the rest of the week. We are truly a church family and it shows.
We value our history greatly and remember it often as the faith of the those who came before us continues to give us strength. Yet as excited as we are about the story of our past, we are even more excited about the story of our future. We believe that the good thing God began in us in 1804 will continue on in the lives of our children and grandchildren. The Kingdom of God is among us. We invite you to be among us too.